It has truly been ages since I've blogged anything of substance. Life has been full with the amazing, the good, the bad & the ugly and I've just not been quite ready to write much about it! If you have known me from the days when I listened to Jewel on repeat and wore Doc Marten's, you may remember my dear friends Stacey & Ethan--the adorable, fun-loving high school sweethearts who eventually married and became parents to the currently 1 year old Chloe. I have so many lovely memories with these two and had the privilege of meeting Chloe last summer. Ethan passed away very unexpectedly a few weeks ago and I made a quick trip back to Seattle to participate in his memorial, seeing a wealth of 'old friends' (a great group they are!).
Ethan, you will be missed. I remain touched by your love and devotion to Stacey and tenderness with Chloe. You always won Moffia and every card game known to man (which made me so frustrated!) and had a wealth of patience with Corina and me during OHS lunch hours, when we made you repeatedly remind us of the 'tender heart in a blender' lyrics we kept forgetting and only mildly made fun of us for the Pipsticks ridiculosity.
More than anything I was amazed to see so much of Ethan in Chloe. Ethan, your daughter is beautiful--and Stacey, you will raise her well. Much love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment