Sunday, April 12, 2009

parts II & III

Yes, the rest of my birthday: Drew was a dear. Amidst this intense time for him as he pushes through writing his thesis and maintaining enough hours at work to keep his insurance... and teaching a class at church... and tending to his puppy's needs... and doing his best to maintain his friendships... (it's a lot!!) he was somehow able to take 2 nights off from writing to honor me. Monday I came home to a small group of friends and Drew wearing an apron. He made the most amazing blue cheese burgers AND the most fabulous gluten free chocolate cake I've ever tasted!! We enjoyed a nice evening together. And I ate chocolate cake at every meal (including breakfast) until it was gone.

There was more to come Wednesday, when Drew took me to a Blackhawks game (that's NHL hockey, for those who don't know). The Blackhawks are good this season for the first time in years and we were there when the season attendance record was broken--the United Center was absolutely packed & the fans were definitely rowdy!! As were the players. There were plenty of fights and exciting maneuvers. Most sports don't move fast enough to keep my attention, but I absolutely adore hockey!!

Thank you, Drew. :)

No comments: