Well, we have arrived to Pretoria, safe and sound (though certainly jet lagged). Our arrival followed on the heels of a pretty crazy few weeks. We packed up our apartment (again) and moved out in order to make room for our subletter, spent 10 fabulous days in the Big Apple (yes, we were there for the 26" record snowfall, during which we made midnight snow angels on Madison Ave) and then I returned to stay with a dear friend in Chicago while Drew went on to South Africa to begin his program. I joined him yesterday and am getting acclimated quickly. We have so very much to be thankful for!
My days are full with work, much of which involves writing, so I cannot commit to thorough blog updates. What I would like to commit to, however, is keeping a pictoral journal and publishing the photos here as I go. I am no photographer but I think this will be a unique opportunity for me to express our experience here in pictures. So? Thus begins my three month "Daily Photo: Postcards from South Africa" adventure!
Our hosts are beautiful people, our roommate is a blast and our lodgings are "just right." Kentucky Fried Chickens are everywhere, so I know I'm abroad!
xoxo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment