Today, being my first full day in Pretoria, I was pleased to have accomplished two major goals--jet lagged and all. (1) Get connected with the outside world. Enter our new cell phone. At 198 Rand (you do the math--it's 7.25 Rand to the US Dollar) the price couldn't be beat. Strange thing was that we found the phone in a Forever21-esque clothing store, in the back corner... who would've thought... and (2) locate, purchase and consume Rooibos tea. I purchased the brand I recognized from my dear South African friend Nicky's cupboards back in Chicago and it has exceeded my expectations.
Other achievements of lesser mention include joining a gym (and working out with Rugby players featuring legs the size of tree trunks), visiting "the largest mall in Africa" and not getting hit by a car (driving on the "wrong" side of the road).
5 comments:
rooibos with what? thanks for sharing the details -- i'm working my way back through time. :-)
Rooibos with milk and a splash of Stevia (one of the few culinary items that made it into my bags for the trip here). Drew was inspired to make some iced rooibos to keep in the fridge after reading an article describing its many health benefits, so now I'm sipping it cold as well!
thanks! how do south africans pronounce rooibos? :-)
Same as us, just with a softer accent--I was relieved to find we got it right! :)
Glad to learn you and Drew started me off with the right pronunciation - - I've heard others and wondered.
Post a Comment