Monday, January 31, 2011

Ladysmith Black Mambazo: NPR link

For those of you who have a few spare minutes, I came across a recent NPR music interview featuring Ladysmith Black Mambazo, a famed a capella group that sings in Zulu (one of the primary languages native to black South Africa).



...I should admit that I first became familiar with Ladysmith Black Mambazo through a teenage film featuring Lindsey Lohann. Name that film???

4 comments:

T said...

Is it 'Mean Girls'? I think the character moves from Africa with her family...

Maile said...

I'm not a regular mom. I'm a cool mom!

Unknown said...

i think she worked with paul simon in the 90's - that is how i know the name - a different generation! i shared your blog with a friend who is working on a community cookbook project. this weekend involved cooking gado-gado (indonesia) and katlesi (zanzibar) -- how about that for an ethnic neighborhood.

straitlet said...

Mean Girls it is! Nicely done (and nicely put, M). Perhaps we should make tomorrow pink shirt day.

Anne, this interview mentions the Paul Simon link. That was news to me!