Sunday, June 7, 2009

Where have I been??!

Teaching Sunday school, defending my dissertation proposal, teaching my 'Biology of Music' course (and loving it!), ballet workouts, dog walking, a visit from the Straits (Debbie & Kevin) and an overall <> quarter culminated this weekend with a much needed LADIES RETREAT at Camp Friedenswald, Michigan. I acknowledge that Drew & I owe you all many many updates but for now, allow me to simply 'check in'. :)

Really, these past 8 weeks have been absolute madness. I was nervous preparing for the retreat in light of all the work I *should* have been doing this weekend. When Amanda & Nicky arrived to pick me up, however, I jumped into the car with the giddiness of a 13 year old heading off to a slumber party. The weekend provided many opportunities to giggle with girlfriends, eat s'mores, tan on the beach and spend time getting to know our cross-cultural group better. We had sisters with us from Burundi, Nepal/Bhutan, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Cuba, Cambodia and Liberia. Games not reliant on language--like charades--were a big hit for this group! We stayed in the gorgeous Lakeview Lodge above.

I got a bit of work done but, even more importantly, return to work this evening filled with energy & vision. Thanks to all who put in hard work to make this possible.

No comments: