Wednesday, June 24, 2009

'Tis the season for babies

This past weekend was wildly full. I had a blast hosting my special friend Nicky's baby shower for her & Eric's first little one, due this next month.  A photo of Nicky with the first few ladies to arrive is below (I'm still waiting on her to send me the rest of the photos... hint hint...).  As you see, they're all holding martini glasses (the theme was "Preggatini"... not too cheesy, right??)... we had many different "pregnancy-safe" drinks to choose from (accessorized with frozen babies in ice cubes... just because it's funny!) & enjoyed spending time together, celebrating Baby O who'll soon be here!

A month after Baby O's due date, my brother & sister-in-law will be welcoming their own little one into the world.  This babe will be both Drew's & my first niece/nephew and we can't wait to  snuggle him/her and watch Reid & Sam transition into parenthood (and my parents transition into grandparenthood!). They will be fabulous parents and this baby will undoubtedly be gorgeous, intelligent and athletic. 'Tis the season for babies, and we love it!

1 comment:

O Mama and O Papa said...

It was a wonderful party Dana - you went to so much effort and are a very elegant and fun hostess! Thank you so much! P.S. I will send you photos as soon as I've downloaded them, promise.