
Summer has without doubt arrived here in Chicago! I just returned from a walk at the park with Drew & Mollie (Warren Park, 1/2 block from our condo--an image of the park is above, painted by Joseph Michaels). It was 90F by 9am today and still pretty sticky tonight. I'm still not sure how warm it actually got today, but I LOVE it. Winters are truly not my style: this girl was born to bake.
And? It has been a lovely week. For the first time in months I feel life has slowed. Yes, I have a lot of work and yes, my schedule is full but it's full of things I WANT to do--I want to be writing about my research, mentoring younger students and discussing ideas over coffee with cohorts. I want to be walking Mollie at the park, organizing social events, swimming with Jade and dancing ballet to my heart's content. I even want to be vacuuming my home, keeping things beautifully organized and spic-n-span! I don't mind having a full schedule--especially when I'm at liberty to arrange it myself (for the most part). The only thing I'm missing is a personal chef... cooking's something I just haven't been enjoying much this year & I'm very crafty at making sure I'm too busy to actually prepare a "real" meal. Note to self: must secure more dinner invites. :)
Here's to hoping you all are enjoying these summer months as much as we are! If you need some R & R, we encourage you to come try it Chicago style. We're up for hosting. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment