Sunday, February 15, 2009

what could be more romantic?

You tell me. What could be more romantic for Valentine's Day than attending an opera in which a clown learns his girlfriend plans to run away with her lover & stabs her and her lover to death in front of a crowd expecting to see a circus show? Well, when you have 2nd row seats at the Lyric, I can tell you: not much.

That's right folks, we were once again privileged to put my advisor's fabulous Lyric Opera tickets to good use. It was a back-to-back performance of Cavalleria Rusticana & Pagliacci and I have to say, I can't remember when I enjoyed an opera so much. The performances were exquisite & the orchestra just spot on. I could tell the conductor was 'feeling the magic', as we heard him gasping with satisfaction from the pit.

Our seats? Right down front, just right of center. Keep in mind that there are four balconies. It's a big place. And I've sat in that fourth balcony... which made me appreciate the seats even more!

No comments: