Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

We've enjoyed one of our favorite Thanksgivings yet.

We have Drew sister Janie & her husband Chris in town from Washington State--& are having such a great time together, playing in the city, catching up & getting plenty of laughs in. Mollie's particularly fond of her Uncle Chris: they're pretty much inseparable. She'll be exhausted when he leaves, I'm sure.

With Chris & Janie at Grant Park's ampitheatre downtown: IMG_1354
Cooking for Thanksgiving dinner has been particularly thrilling. Janie & I stirred the seasonings in the sink last night to soak the giant 20 pound bird.
IMG_1372
Drew did superb (& apparently exciting) work stuffing herbs & oranges into the turkey's nooks & crannies:
IMG_1375
Janie & I did all of our cooking in matching aprons... and the turkey, by the way, was incredible... our eco-friendly Domino recipe worked!! IMG_1377

After slaving away all day in the kitchen we enjoyed our Thanksgiving meal with friends from Burundi (Analisa, Japhet & Vanissa) & their children. We ended the meal with a thrilling game of Spoons, which was quite the hit! Analisa laughed so hard at one point she actually fell out of her chair, sending us all into fits of laughter! DSCN3167

Simion worked diligently at the computer for quite some time, & here is receiving some assistance from Drew & Janie.
DSCN3168
A joyful evening was had by all, & I believe we're all truly thankful for family, friends & full bellies.

No comments: