What an incredible week. First Wicked, now the Joffrey Ballet! I just returned from one of my favorite ballet performances. I was offered free box tickets Friday evening & wow were they a treat. The Joffrey premiered Liang's "Age of Innocence" (set to music by Philip Glass--including one of my favorite of his pieces, originally written for The Hours). The choreography was stunning. You can see a clip at The Joffrey's blog, http://jpointe.blogspot.com/ . Charity--you should show it along with the video clip beneath it of their company practice to Kaylynn, our prima ballerina.
I attended the ballet with one of my piano students, her mother & grandmother. Afterwards they introduced me to the best bakery in town, which happened to have an incredible asparagus goat cheese salad & one of the best hot fudge Sundaes I've ever consumed. For you Chicagoans, you must take a trip to Bittersweet (located in Lakeview).

I sign off for now, with a full belly & inspired creativity.
3 comments:
What did you guys do with yourselves when you lived in the DR? ;-)
hehe--that's funny. yes, fancy bakeries & ballet performances are a far cry from the ethos of the bateyes... let's just say it wasn't easy?? had I had a piano I think things would have been a lot easier. but we'd go back in a heartbeat. :)
btw, i giggle every time i see "dana" messaging me b/c it's like i'm messaging myself... but i'm not. :)
Post a Comment