
I came down sick with a cold a few weeks ago & was forced by friends to stay home and rest. So I did (a feat in itself), finished the last Harry Potter (woo hoo!) & found myself obsessing over ballet. I wanted to dance. I've had this dream of dancing on point since childhood, although I figured I'd never get around to pursuing it. Strange how the minute life calms a bit for me, something new & exciting comes to mind that I simply "must do," no matter how impractical! Ballet isn't cheap (while we, unfortunately, are). Ballet takes time. And I'm 26 years old, with little ballet history & even less time to spare.
So? I started classes last week. And I dropped Physics. I don't miss Physics one bit, but ballet has been an amazing addition to my life! I plie & releve, trying to outdo the flexible, flat-chested little pixies that make me feel matronly, and grasp onto the bar for dear life (especially when we go on tippy-toe). My turn-out is pathetic, but I've got enough heart to compensate. Joffrey Ballet, here I come!
I don't care if I spend loan money to buy my leotard or don't get around to my Neurobiology reading: I'm having a blast.
No comments:
Post a Comment