Sunday, November 29, 2009

love our city


We've felt very in love with Chicago this fall. Drew and I have turned to one another numerous times now with shy smiles and shared: "Are you loving Chicago as much as I am?" My mother once counseled me that it takes ~5 years to feel at home in a new city. We're going on year 4 here in Chicago and I think I believe her.

And because Chicago's so awesome, we've shaved 1 1/2 years off the 5.

Recently we were once again gifted with tickets to the Lyric. Amazing tickets, mind you. Not quite spitting distance from the stage, but close. (Maybe if Dad is spitting.) Tickets many would break a bone for. Wine, coffee, crab & cookies later we finished the show and skipped off to enjoy the rest of the night--amidst the twinkles of Christmas decor and alongside two very special friends.

The show? Janacek's Katya Kabanova.


The entire evening was a true and refreshing blessing. Now back to work.

No comments: