We enjoyed our second Thanksgiving with the Peebles family--dear friends of ours and fellow LWCC-ers. Before the meal our little family went on a hike around a nearby forest preserve (we returned with a very muddy but very thankful pup) and made the famous Strait family ice cream pie to bring along. The Peebles' table was so very full of culture and conversation--a family from Iraq, a man from India (whose oft-mentioned wife & baby boy remain in India), and two sweet friends--one of whom is from our dear Seattle & the other who has traveled the world this past year and has many stories still to share. This was our crew in addition to the Peebles fam and ourselves.
We spoke of the conflict in Iraq, war & peace, peace-making versus passive-ism, relationships and dreams... and got in plenty of laughs! I learned so much from my table mates and I believe we all said goodbye with full hearts.
My arms are still sore from drumming for the post-meal Rock Band. I was best at drums. Not so great at vocals. Although the poor vocals performance could be because I was sharing the mic with an adorable 8 year old English-learner. Just saying.
The meal was vegetarian but we went ahead & cooked a turkey the following day. Although... for the record, you can eat SO much more without the meat taking up space!!
No comments:
Post a Comment