Goodness, I have SO MUCH to post about! Photos from my dear friend's baptism at the lake (brrr!)--which we performed all in Spanish, funny fluffy animal picks, lab news and general goings-on in the Strait household. Busy days.
But for now, how about a list of the things I've been up to that have prevented me from a complete installation?
-Leading a parent-teacher meeting for an amazing new project we've begun in the lab, partnering with an inner city Chicago high school (lots of opportunity to speak Spanish...!)
-The baptism of my dear friend Mercedes, from Cuba (complete with pre-baptism meetings, group recognition on Sunday morning and a post-baptism par-tay)
-Coordinating Mercedes' "sewing business" (anyone need curtains sewn? tailoring??)
-Society for Neuroscience annual meeting--where I'm presenting a poster, as well as an auditory satellite (where I also presented)
-Locy snuggling at Reid & Sam's (not nearly as much as we'd like)
-Press conference & interviews about our research (NPR Monday! will post the link...)
-Responding to reviewers & trying to get this paper out the door (ugh)
-Presentation on "Does music make us human?" at the Zygon Center for Religion & Science
-Coffee dates & outing here & there with girlfriends. And my man. And my dog (no coffee dates, just romps in the park).
Phewf. The short of things? I'm happy. Content with life. Pleased to be married to a man with a vision I am passionate about and pleased that he feels the same about me. Excited for what the future holds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment