At least I have the basics down.
Other than that? Life's a bit hectic. I've been playing "catch up" all week, recovering from Society for Neuroscience and missing my recent visitors, Mom & Dad Hamblet. Still, I love my life. Wonderful partner, fabulous city, inspirational church community and nurturing leadership in my professional life. And I can start to taste the end of the PhD... far away though it is.
Today? Preparing for a midterm, which I will take tomorrow (yes, that's Sunday). Writing a few letters to funding organizations for a new project at a local high school. Speaking plenty of Spanish in the lab related to that same project. Testing kids for my dissertation project (what, you ask? you actually spend time working on your OWN project??). And? Sipping tea from my darling new teapot. Thanks, Mom!
Sadly enough I do not have a single picture to post from my parents' visit. We pedicured, shopped, walked, laughed, talked, laughed and talked some more. And, thanks to Daddy D, watched a gory--though entertaining--movie. Lots of snorting from Daddy D and giggles from Momma K. And Momma K did plenty of our laundry. Come again soon!
Back to work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment