Saturday, August 1, 2009

Zookeeping

While Drew's at work Mollie pines away. The other day I found that she'd dug out one of Drew's house shoes and snuggled up next to it by the door, awaiting Drew's return. A boy and his dog--so precious!


Tink seems to be getting more and more confident, no longer afraid of big groups of guests or shy with new people. For those who don't know, she was Hurricane Katrina kitty, caught up the storm but lived to tell about it. She was rescued & shipped to Chicago, where her previous owner adopted her. Her first year post-storm she spent alone, as her new owner worked long hours. She was very sensitive to noise and movement when we first brought her home (definitely skittish) but gradually became more and more comfortable--now not sensitive to much at all and desperate for cuddles and affection! Good thing we love to be providers of cuddles and affection. Here she is snuggling with me last night while I got into a new book.


I'm used to waking up with Tink snuggled in the covers by my tummy, or nestled down at my feet. This morning I found that she'd sought out a new snuggle buddy--she was so cute crammed between Drew & the pillow that I just had to snap a shot!

Oh, the adventures of zookeeping. Happy Saturday to you all! I'm off to work but am committed to spending at least some time in the sun before the day is through.

No comments: