Chicago is so fabulous in the summer that is *almost* makes up for the horrendous winters. I've been camping, beach bathing, biking and BBQ-ing and I just can't get enough of the outdoors! Drew and I are looking forward to our anniversary camping trip later this month. What could be better than 'mallows, reading in the hammock and sleeping under the stars with my husband?
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Lovely Summer
Visitors have legitimately made our summer this year. We have had such a lovely June and July, honored to play host & hostess to friends and family. We kicked off the summer with visits from Drew's parents and Charity. In the past few weeks we spent a handful of days with Erin and Brent Raska, who currently live in the Upper East Side of Manhattan (think "Gossip Girl"!) and are preparing to move to Zambia for the next year. Joel and Tori Barbour visited from Spokane for four days, during which we toured the city, ate deep dish, watched movies and--most importantly--witnessed a motorcyclist break the world record downtown for the highest motorcycle jump. Let me tell you, it was high (I watched from a distance with Mollie, from Buckingham Fountain)... although I found it funny that he was breaking his own record. We also had an evening with Jenna Bott, in from Kansas City--what a treat!
Unfortunately, we have all of one picture to show for our time with guests! Guess we were too busy having fun. Below, Joel & Tori's friends spent an evening with us in the city. Tori did her best to get Olivia, a darling 2 year old, to ride Mollie. I'm not sure Olivia was as excited as Mollie was about it (please forgive the red eye--we really need a new camera...!).
Chicago is so fabulous in the summer that is *almost* makes up for the horrendous winters. I've been camping, beach bathing, biking and BBQ-ing and I just can't get enough of the outdoors! Drew and I are looking forward to our anniversary camping trip later this month. What could be better than 'mallows, reading in the hammock and sleeping under the stars with my husband?
Chicago is so fabulous in the summer that is *almost* makes up for the horrendous winters. I've been camping, beach bathing, biking and BBQ-ing and I just can't get enough of the outdoors! Drew and I are looking forward to our anniversary camping trip later this month. What could be better than 'mallows, reading in the hammock and sleeping under the stars with my husband?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment