Sunday, March 1, 2009

Lovely Weekend Full Weekend... I'm pooped...

Our house guest headed home Saturday, after treating us to a lovely meal out (@ the Celtic Knot in Lincoln Park... which was not as great as it had been made to sound by a number of my friends... only recommended if you have an itch for decent fries, beer &... watching 4 basketball games simultaneously?). Saturday was incredibly full--from ballet (as in, my class...) to the lab, then from the lab to doing our taxes (I did it! I did it!) and from taxes straight to the JOFFREY with friend Jade to soak up their winter program. Kettentanz, Cotillon, Le Sacre du Printemps & Mobile.

Although the program was designed to feature le Sacre, I must say that Mobile stole the show. I was left without breath--the choreography was just so smooth. Unbelievable strength!! Image below (not from the Joffrey... couldn't pull one up... mind you, the Joffrey stage was a blue hue & the dancers absolutely phenomenal...).
Le Sacre also was phenomenal--I adore the music so really they couldn't go too wrong. Although I typically miss pointe shoes, the jumping & swirling made up for their absence.

Thanks to Jade for a lovely evening! One day I do hope to strap on a pair of those pointy shoes myself...!

Returned home to plan Sunday school... it all came together just in time but boy am I sleepy today...

No comments: