
I had the opportunity to visit my freshman year roommate Amy & her hubby Mat while at a symposium at Stanford last June. It was a BLAST! They hosted me in SanFrancisco for a few days, where we played hard, trolleyed hard & guitar heroed hard. Their community in Berkeley is amazing: they both worked at an extremely socially active church with a heart for world suffering (particularly AIDS and poverty). Being around Christians with a solid conception of the gospel, respect for academic vigor and fervent social activism reminded me that I am part of a world-wide (not just nation-wide) community of like-minded believers. We are not alone. We struggle in the name of Christ--in the name of love--together.
With Amy at the Wharf (yes, meeting one another as freshmen was amusing--we were quickly known as the "odd couple"--Amy being the shortest music major and me being the tallest):

ZOLTAR was at the Wharf!! I had to get a shot with this movie star... if only I could have tracked down Tom Hanks.

Goodbye, SanFrancisco. You are still my favorite U.S. city. Your seals at the Wharf give you bonus points.
No comments:
Post a Comment