Thursday, March 6, 2008

thou shalt love thine enemies... right?

"He's not gonna change when it comes to taking on the enemy," Bush said of the senator from Arizona [John McCain]. "He's gonna be a president who will bring determination to defeat an enemy," Bush said. Bush said McCain would be steadfast to one of his [own] administration's policies.

Great. Just what we need. Someone else who can be "just like Bush." We should all be careful with the conceptual framework that we inherit along with our word choices. Enemy is a big word. Not to sound cliche, but we all share the same planet here. How about making our choices accordingly? Defense does not necessitate an "us" & "them" mentality.

On another note, exactly how old (or young, I should say) is McCain's wife? & what number is she--5? Right. I really want someone in the White House who can't keep a marriage healthy. Now that signals great leadership skills.
art.mccains.bush.ap

Please. Obama. Clinton. Whoever.

2 comments:

dave said...

Ha... nice. And you are right - pretty sure we don't need a 3rd term of Bush/Bush-like policies.

Cindy McCain is 54 - only 18 years younger than John McCain. But she is only his second wife, though that doesn't include this alleged numerous relationships he had while he was still married to his first wife.

nicola said...

Hmmm, last I checked Clinton didn't have a particularly healthy marriage either... if that is the criteria.
Ah well, I can't vote anyway.