Monday, June 28, 2010

Not much is better than a Mainer. Except a family of Mainers!

Maine.

What do you think of when you hear "Maine"? I don't know I would have thought much before my BFF Charity moved there with her hubby Alan. I probably would have thought "it's close to Anne of Green Gables, right" (i.e., Prince Edward Island...). Maine? So maybe I hadn't thought much about it before, but now I'm in love! Gardens! Enviroconscious living! Chill! GREEN! Perhaps... I love it because it reminds me of Washington?? No. Close, but that's not it. I love it because I love the friends of mine who dwell there. Charity, Alan and babies, I miss you already!

I had the lovely opportunity to visit my BFF a few weeks ago and it was nothing short of delight. Charity just had her 4th baby (I've been living vicariously through her since her first) and it was pure joy to get to know baby Cami, play with the 3 other gorgeous kiddos and get quality time with Charity (the infamous BFF) and Alan (a.k.a. my Senior year Homecoming date--it's true!).

Here are some snapshots of my delightful days in Maine...

We had a great, relaxing day playing at a local lake and rocking the "big toys":





Charity, Cami and I were able to sneak away to Portland for a day (FUN city!!):



We got to kiss a moose (Charity had to use a booster to reach him...):


Kiddos, I miss you already!