+ Our murphy bed: we never have to make the bed, and nothing is more satisfying to me than modularity in the city. If I could design my own home, bookcases would pop up out of the floors, dining tables would fold out of the wall, and closets would collapse.
+ Our fluffy puppy: she wakes me up each morning with a tail wagging so fiercely it wiggles her whole body, and nothing is more grounding than her forcing a sunset walk out of me when I would otherwise be consumed with my work. This little one has SO much personality and I love her to pieces!

+ Public transporting every day: there's something about being part of the ebb & flow of city transit that makes me feel at the center of the city. Party of a larger body. We move North together, then back South together -- all stopping to run an errand or two along the way. PLUS... I get to walk by the best coffee in Chicago to and from the train. AND get a ton of non-academic reading in! Book suggestions??
+ Our breathtaking view: being the last building in a series of high rises, there's nothing to impede our view across the lake & out of the city. We might live in tight quarters, but our wall of windows increases our sense of space and keeps us entertained.

+ Weekly Shepherd's Nachos at our pub: just a few miles away we can get the most amazing CORN FREE GLUTEN FREE nachos on the planet. Seriously, the planet. These nachos are unique and DELICIOUS. Made with homemade potato chips and covered with sour cream, beef in gravy (I know, that sounds gross but it's GOOD), peas, chives & tomatoes. You can't beat Tommy Nevin's Shepherd's Nachos!
+ My new yoga studio: small classes, beautiful room, teachers who have become friends. And I can walk there from our place on the beach. Energizing.
Yes, we have much to be thankful for! This is a fun season of life and we're enjoying it thoroughly.
2 comments:
Fuzzy Nevins! It's where your beer gets all drinken.
this definitely evoked laughter from the Strait pad... I think I got it from "Fuzzy Navel," the wine cooler... which is equally embarrassing as the misnomer... no excuses for DRINKEN DRUNKEN DRINKED.
Post a Comment