Well, our flight was canceled yesterday so, even after 5 hours working to get another flight, in Chicago we remain... dearly missing family & wishing we were sledding with Daddy D down the 33rd Av hill, as we had planned! Chicago's -35 oF (okay, with windchill) has been keeping us indoors for the past 24 hours, to Mollie's dismay. I had efficiently cleaned out the fridge in preparation for our trip so with no food in the house we had the ideal excuse to order in Thai last night & committed to watching 2 movies, drinking hot cocoa & sharing buckets of laughs & cuddles before calling it a night. Mollie even sacked out for the evening next to the couch, ready to veg. What began as a terribly disappointing day ended as a wonderfully relaxing day together.As we hadn't planned to be in Chicago for Christmas we didn't go all out prepping the house for Christmas, but last night we were thankful for the simple decor we did install! We had a cozy home. With some of my newly found spare time, I thought I'd share with you a few of my current holiday faves! Above are our stockings, a gift from Drew's mom. Mollie & Tink have the little boots, & Drew & I have the larger stockings. Mollie & Tink's stockings are stuffed with goodies but Drew's & mine remain empty... Funny how that works. I stuck a few candy canes in them last week, sensing their jealousy.
We have this wreath on our kitchen wall. We intended it for our entry door but it was just too cute inside the house! The matching garland is particularly cute in the living room, housing candles, our silver Christmas tree & white bird house.

I've been scouting out these reindeer at PB for the after holiday sales. They strike me as whimsical... Love them & their spindly legs!We purchased one-way flights to Vancouver, BC, for tomorrow afternoon & are hoping the Chicago snow permits our departure. With Seattle, Spokane & Portland airports still closed, Vancouver was the final remaining option. We'll be able to spend Christmas with family after all--Chris & Janie will be picking us up in BC for our first Anacortes Christmas. Momma K & Daddy D, we're on our way to you, full speed ahead!
No comments:
Post a Comment